STUDENT APPLICATION FORM – SUMMER 2017
Rising STISD 9th Graders STEM Camp at the Texas A & M University
June 19th – 23rd, 2017
This weeklong residential camp is organized to provide activities, experiments and projects for
rising 9th-grade STISD students. The camp will focus introducing them to college life and
promoting Science, Agriculture, Education, Business, and Medicine subjects as a potential
career path. Campers will attend classes that include problem solving, college access
information, research and communication skills.
The camp will be held at theTexasA& M University, located in College Station, Texas. Students
will be housed on campus under strict supervision.
Who Should Apply?
• Rising STISD 9th grade STPA students currently undergoing the enrollment process with one of
our STISD high schools.
• Students interested in future careers in science, agriculture, education, business, and
medicine or students interested in learning more about related fields and Texas A & M
• Parent/Guardian and student complete the attached student application form.
• Student writes a one page (250 word max) essay.
• We will collect a recommendation form from your 8th grade Science, Math, Social Studies and ELA teacher.
• The selection committee will select 30 participants and two alternates.
• The committee’s selection is final.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 13, 2017 AT 4:00PM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
to download the application.