STUDENT APPLICATION FORM – SUMMER 2015
Rising STISD 9th Graders STEM Camp at the Texas A & M University
June 06th – 10th, 2016
This weeklong residential camp promoting STEM careers is organized to provide activities, experiments and projects for rising 9th-grade STISD students. The camp will focus on increasing students’ STEM skills while also introducing them to college life and promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects as a potential career path. Campers will attend classes that include problem solving, college access information, research and communication skills incorporated within STEM.
The camp will be held at the Texas A & M University, located in College Station, Texas. Students will be housed on campus under strict supervision.
Who Should Apply?
• Rising STISD 9th grade STPA students currently undergoing the enrollment process with one of our STISD high schools.
• Students interested in a future STEM career or students interested in learning more about STEM related fields and Texas A & M University.
• Parent/Guardian and student complete the attached student application form.
• Student writes a one page (250 word max) essay.
• We will collect a recommendation form from your 8th grade Science, Math, Social Studies and ELA teacher.
• The selection committee will select 30 participants and two alternates.
• The committee’s selection is final.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 11, 2016. NO EXCEPTIONS.
to download the application.