STUDENT APPLICATION FORM – SUMMER 2015
Rising Eighth Graders STEM Camp at the University of Texas—Pan American
August 2nd – 7th, 2015
This weeklong residential camp promoting science, technology, engineering and mathematics is organized to provide activities, experiments and projects for rising 8th-grade STISD students. The camp will focus on increasing students’ STEM skills while introducing them to college life and promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects as a potential career path. Campers will attend classes that include problem solving, research and communication skills incorporated with STEM subjects including physics, engineering and Earth sciences.
The camp will be held at the University of Texas—Pan American, located at 1201 W. University Drive in Edinburg, Texas. Students will be housed in a dorm on the university’s campus under strict supervision.
Who Should Apply?
• Rising 8th grade students at STPA
• Students interested in a future STEM career or students interested in learning more about STEM related fields
• Parent/Guardian and student complete the attached student application form.
• Student writes a one page (250 word max) essay.
• Student gives current Science and Math teacher a recommendation form to be completed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 1, 2015. NO EXCEPTIONS.
to download the application.